My mother-in-law received this recipe from a friend years ago and has made it many times for our family afternoon teas. It is a hit with children and adults alike. I tend to make it in a mini muffin pan then freeze excess quiches until needed. You can pop them in a school lunchbox in the morning and they defrost nicely by lunchtime. For family events this quiche is often baked in a 20cm square tin then sliced into portions for everyone to enjoy.
I have not been able to replicate this recipe as deliciously in the thermomix so have stuck with the traditional method written below. The quiches still take only a few minutes to whip up. I like to finely grate the vegetables with a microplane grater.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 medium carrot grated (100-120g)
- 1/2 zucchini grated (180-200g)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup chopped bacon (optional)
- pink salt & pepper
- handful of parsley finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven 180C
- Lightly whisk eggs
- Add all other ingredients and mix well
- Spoon into mini patty pans (1tbls/20ml) or pour into greased and lined 20cm square tin
- Bake 20 min for mini muffins or 30-35 min for square tin