This Sneak Peek series gives you a little look into what I pack in my kids lunchboxes each day. Hopefully it will give you some inspiration for your lunchboxes too.
- Pot-Set Natural Yogurt, one with berries and one with natural honey, in Squeeze Em’s pack (see below)
- 2 zucchini quiches
- 1 mini chocolate magic bean cake
- 2 dried apricot & oat bites (I will post the recipe for these soon)
- Fruit Salad of cut apple (tossed in a little lemon juice to stop it browning) and red & green grapes
- 2 Cruskits spread with cream cheese (I’m trying to find time to experiment with more homemade cracker recipes but I haven’t managed it yet)
- Frozen water bottle to keep everything cold & fresh
Squeeze Em’s are my latest purchase and I am in love with them already. They are reusable food pouches, perfect for baby food, yogurt, fruit puree and custard. My kids absolutely love sucking the food out the little spout and they are really neat, no spoon or bowl required. BPA free, recyclable, dishwasher safe and easy to use. These little pouches are very reasonably priced and shipping costs are low too. Check out the Squeeze Em’s website for more info.
*Since publishing this post I have learnt that our school prefers children not to eat from squeeze packs at school. I’ve gone back to putting yogurt in a little pot with a spoon for my lunchboxes. My kids still enjoy Squeeze Em’s at home and for picnics.