I absolutely love marmalade. I have made it myself on the stove and it’s turned out really well, but I haven’t tried it in the TMX … until today. The result was outstanding. A really yummy, not too sweet, orange marmalade. For a different flavour, you could try mixing citrus fruits – maybe orange and lemon, orange, mandarin and lemon or even add in some lime – just keep to the 600g limit.
- 600g oranges (approx 3 oranges) – quarter each orange with skin on and remove pips
- 350g raw sugar
- 2tbs water
- 2tbs brandy
- 1 and 1/2 green apples – quarter each apple with skin on and remove seeds
- Place all ingredients in TMX
- Chop 30 sec, Sp 6
- Cook Varoma, 40 min, Sp 1 with MC in place
- If not cooked enough, cook on Varoma for a further 10 min, Sp 1 and check again. Repeat until desired consistency is reached.
- Optional: I like my marmalade smooth so I blitz 10 sec, Sp 9
- Spoon into sterilised jars and seal while hot
Recycle used jars or buy new glass jars for your preserve. Wash the jars and lids thoroughly in hot soapy water, rinse well and air dry. Alternately wash them in the dishwasher. Then place clean jars on a clean tray in the oven at 100C and allow to dry out for 15 min. Pour hot jam into hot, sterilised jars and seal with lids immediately. As the jam and jar cools the lid will be pulled in to form a seal. The lid of the jar will ‘pop’ when opened. You can also purchase plastic film seals for your jars that go over the jar before the lid is put on. I’m sure you can buy them elsewhere but I get these ones from Coles ($1.83 for a 24 pack). They are handy if your jars have been reused numerous times and the lids are getting worn.