Lunchboxes. The constant challenge of parents around the world. How to keep your kids lunch boxes (and your own lunch boxes!) delicious and healthy.
Check out my Lunchbox Sneak Peek Series to see what my kid’s have in their lunch boxes.
I’ll continue to add links to this page each time I post a recipe that is suitable for tucking in a lunchbox to make it that little bit more interesting and tasty.
- Sun-Dried Tomato & Spinach Frittatas : these frittatas freeze really well. Simply place in a container or snap-lock bag and freeze until needed. I often pop them in my kids lunch boxes frozen and they defrost perfectly in time for lunch.
- Jam Buttons: delicious little old-fashioned biscuits
- Happy Crackers : replace processed crackers with your own homemade healthy, delicious crackers
- Zucchini Quiche: this quiche freezes really well. Simply place in a container or snap-lock bag and freeze until needed. I often pop them in my kids lunch boxes frozen and they defrost perfectly in time for lunch.
- Chocolate Magic Bean Cake: delicious and nutritious, great for the lunchbox, afternoon tea or a birthday party
- Sausage Rolls: Healthy, homemade sausage rolls packed with veggies
- Wholemeal Fruit Bread: Great fresh or toasted for breakfast or a snack. I slice and freeze mine so that it is quick and easy to toast a slice when needed.
- Garlic, Herb & Cheese Bread: Delicious warm from the oven or in lunch boxes the next day
- Choc Coconut Fudge: Heavenly fudge that is actually good for you.
- Naan Bread: great on it’s own, with some salad or cold meats, or dipped in savoury yoghurt (just mix plain pot set yoghurt with a little salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon)
- Little Fruit Buns: need I say more? Yummo!
- Pizza Scrolls: great alternative to sandwiches for your lunchbox and easy to include veggies in them. Cooked pizza scrolls freeze and defrost really well.
- Arancini Balls: the perfect way to turn last nights left overs into todays lunch box treat
- Gingernut Biscuits: made with spelt, rapadura and molasses these are a yummy, soft biscuit with a crunchy outside
- Homemade Tiny Teddies & Co: make your own Tiny Teddies without all the additives
- Wholemeal Parmesan Cracker Biscuits: delicious with homemade dips
- Raspberry & Apple Cupcakes: moist, tasty little cupcakes that freeze well and are perfect as a lunch box treat
- Fruity Puff Bars: a great homemade alternative to shop bought rice puff type bars
- Vegetable, Cheese & Pasta Slice: great for dinner & leftover pieces freeze well for lunch boxes
- Sultana & Cornflake Cookies: yummy, wholesome biscuits perfect for the lunch box
- Black Bean Brownies: fantastic chocolate brownies packed with nutrients